I heard this term in one of my classes and it spoke to me, so I've had this title written down even before this post expecting that the title would give me inspiration to write, coincidentally enough, this is an example of magical thinking.
I've never understood why I waited around for things I knew would not happen and it puzzled me, made me think something was wrong with me, maybe I was delusional or living in some sort of fantasy land not realizing what was right in front of me (magical thinking). I convinced myself that things would happen the way I wanted to, I would fight all odds just to get what I wanted but the problem with that is if it was suppose it happen I wouldn't have to fight so hard it would've come naturally and I wouldn't have to force it but silly me, stuck in my magical thinking. This is only applicable to certain situations because of course if you want good grades you know you have to put out the effort but if you believe in date as it relates to relationships etc, you need no effort other than making yourself a great person for your soulmate.
I've allowed myself to live in this fantasy land for quite some time and in all honesty, those were some of the best years of my life, but since recently I've snapped back into reality that I won't always get what I want (when I want) but it will happen if its suppose to. (magical thinking?) And since I've migrated from fantasy land I have been happy, not as happy as I was before but I know it will get there with time and no effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment